You’ve been named the executor of an estate and the time is coming to fulfill those onerous duties. As the executor of the will, you want to do the best you can to honor your loved one. But you may find the legal intricacies daunting and the obligations a drain on your time and energy.
Co-Executor can ease the burden. Our professional estate administration services will help you navigate your legal and financial responsibilities as an executor of a Florida estate or will. By turning to us for expert guidance, you will ensure that your estate is settled in a timely and cost-effective manner.
You decide how large a role we play in the process:
- Co-Executor. We work with one or more family executors to administer the estate;
- Sole-Executor. We oversee all of the duties for the estate and ensure the beneficiaries are well taken care of;
- Successor Executor. We serve as a successor executor for estates; or
- Consultant. We offer professional advice and handle one or more complex tasks listed below.
Please email or telephone us to set up a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the best option for you.
Co-Executor’s estate and probate experts save you from having to take time away from your job and your family to deal with executor matters. You benefit from knowing the duties are being performed correctly by a professional. And our service is a great choice for the living who don’t know who to appoint as their executor or are reluctant to place that burden on a family member.
As your representative, we can take complex and burdensome executor tasks like these off your hands:
- Oversee the filing of the will to probate
- Sort and arrange for the appraisal of estate property
- Collect the decedent’s life insurance
- Supervise the distribution of the estate
- Locate estate assets and heirs
- Review any claims against the estate and verify their validity
- Pay and collect any debts
- Determine the taxability of the estate and its liquidity needs
- Prepare final accounting of the estate
- Handle out-of-state or overseas estate administration
- Oversee any litigation
- Oversee the operation of businesses owned by the estate
- Manage the cleaning, repair and sale of estate assets (e.g. homes, boats, jewelry & art)
- Prepare estate, gift, individual and business tax returns (e.g. IRS Forms 706, 709, 1040, 1041 & 1120S)
- Retain additional advisors if needed such as lawyers, financial advisors, etc.
Our executor services can benefit you in several ways. First, you will save time, as you don’t have to take time away from your job and your family to deal with all of the executor tasks. Second, you will save money; we administer estates more cost-effectively than a non-professional. Third, you’ll benefit from knowing the tasks are being performed correctly by a professional. Lastly, our service is a great choice for the living who don’t know who to appoint as their executor or are reluctant to place that burden on a family member.
If you or someone you love could benefit from professional estate administration services, please email or telephone us for a free, no-obligation consultation, either via telephone or in person at one of our Florida offices.