About Kevin Pillion
My name is Kevin Pillion and I have been a professional executor and trustee since 1999. I started my career as a CPA and attorney in Washington, D.C. over 20 years ago, after graduating from Indiana University of PA and Georgetown University Law Center. In 2003, I moved to Florida to care for my recently deceased parents and continue my work as a professional executor and trustee.
I got involved in professional executor work by happenstance when my mother asked me to oversee the settlement of her late brother’s estate in Ireland. This involved disputes, fraudulent claims against the estate, and a lot of other problems that I helped resolve. Since then, as a full time executor and trustee, I’ve helped many people in similar situations, bringing them relief and peace of mind during a difficult time.
The name “Co-Executor” stems from my role as a partner and trusted advisor to executors, trustees, beneficiaries and other interested parties of estates and trusts. Please take a moment to review my credentials and accomplishments below, along with the testimonials
of some of my clients, as they reveal the experience, problem-solving skills, talent and values that I would bring to your matter.
or telephone me to arrange a free consultation and quote via telephone or in person at one of Co-Executor’s offices in Sarasota or Boca Raton, Florida.
Below are some reasons why you may want to consider me for helping you administer your estate or trust matter.
- I have 20 years experience as a tax lawyer and CPA.
- I have been a professional executor and trustee for a decade.
- I’m a dedicated, capable and results-oriented individual with the skills to do the job right the first time.
- I incorporate a high degree of ethics in my work - trustworthiness, integrity and compassion.
- I use common sense to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- I can reduce the burden on you while saving you time and money; the cost of my service is often offset by savings I generate for you.
- Co-Executor is an “Accredited Business” of the Better Business Bureau and abides by its stringent business ethics and principals of trust.
Here are some ways in which I’ve helped past clients:
- Saved beneficiaries of an estate over $1 million in inheritance taxes by revealing overstated real estate valuations.
- Investigated and exposed fraudulent claims in excess of $1.5 million against an estate.
- Resolved a conflict of interest problem between the executor and beneficiary of an estate.
- Assisted an attorney in resolving a contested will and negotiating the settlement of an estate tax audit.
- Oversaw a trust’s business interest in a multiple-member limited liability company and wound up the trust’s interest in a retail business.
- Managed the cleaning, repair, staging and sale of three homes for a trust within a six-month period in 2008.